Gmail is well known for its webmail services that it provides. Its user-friendly feature makes it accessible on multiple devices for several users worldwide. Gmail gives its users a modernized look, and it’s easy access to attachments and other features makes it an excellent experience for them. Some of its best features include reminders to respond to email, smart replies, snooze emails when you are busy, better security warnings, easy access to other Google apps, offline & confidential mode, along with Gmail mobile updates.
However, there is one problem with Gmail services that is their error codes. At times, Gmail also has issues with two-step verification and Gmail not receiving emails. Here in this blog, we will provide you with relevant information and answer your basic question ‘Why my Gmail not working?’
Gmail Temporary Error Codes and Their Solution
Gmail’s common errors are Temporary Error 103, Gmail Temporary Error 009, and Gmail Temporary Error 404. As hard as they may look, but it is not that complicated to fix these errors. You can follow the methods mentioned below to fix Gmail not working errors.
Fix I: Gmail Temporary Error 103
Gmail temporary error code 103 is that one error that is common to a lot of Gmail users. The steps to fix Gmail Temporary code are:
- First of all, open your Google Chrome browser. Now, click on the three-dotted vertically aligned icon.
- Select the More tools and then click on the Clear browsing data.
- Check all the Cookies and other Cached images and data files.
- Click on the Clear data button.
Fix II: Gmail Temporary code 009
Coming across an error code in Gmail is quite exasperating for the users. One of the most common error codes is the Gmail temporary code 009. Although it can be fixed effortlessly, some of the users are unable to do so. Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve it:
- First of all, keep in check the latest browser you are using should be compatible with Gmail.
- Check your browser’s Extension or Applications.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and caches.
- If using Chrome: Open the browser, click on the vertical dotted icons and select More Tools. Now, click on the Clear browsing data. Check all the cookies and other website data and files and images that are cached.
Fix III: Gmail Temporary code 404
Though the Gmail temporary error codes are not hard to fix, some users have trouble fixing them alone. If you are getting Gmail temporary errors like this, you must follow the steps below to resolve it finally.
- First, you need to make sure that you are using a browser that is compatible with Gmail.
- Ensure that you are using the updated version of the browser.
- Clear your browser’s caches and cookies.
- Try and load the web page once again after disabling the different extensions and add-ons added to your web browser one by one.
- If you have any Gmail labs enabled in your Gmail account, you must disable it for some time. Try and reload Gmail after the Gmail labs.
How To Troubleshoot Two-Step Verification Issues in Gmail?
Many users ask, “Why my Gmail not Working?” and to answer this; we need to inform you first about the two-step verification error in Gmail, which could be one of the possible reasons behind this Gmail not working issue.
You must have noticed that you will receive a text message with a code that you must enter to proceed if you sign in to your Gmail account. But sometimes, the code does not get there. What after that?
To fix that issue or check what is causing it, you need to make sure you are in an area with a good signal. Google sends 2 step authentication codes through SMS, so if you are in an area with strong Wi-Fi but not good cell signal, that could count as a problem. So to resolve this issue, the simplest way is to check your signals.
Fix Gmail Accounts That Are Not Receiving Emails
If your Gmail account is also not receiving emails, then you can try it in a different browser and check if the problem has been resolved. You can use any other browser (for example, Opera) for this purpose. Make sure it is compatible with Gmail. Otherwise, it will not work again.
By following the above methods or solutions, you will answer why my Gmail not Working. If you think the problem still exists, then reach out to the Gmail help center. They will help you to resolve the issue you are facing.