Known as KJo in Bollywood, Karan Johar is a filmmaker, producer, actor, host, and owner of Dharma Productions. He is known for launching new stars and star kids as well. Starting his career with a TV serial, Karan is now one of the top producers in Bollywood and owns one of the biggest production houses. As of now, Karan Johar net worth is $200 Million. He has been a big Bollywood buff since childhood as he loved to dance on old Hindi songs.
Karan Johar Net Worth, Salary, Assets
As per some media reports, Karan Johar has a jaw-dropping net worth of Rs 1450 crores ($200 million). It is said that he earns more than Rs 100 crore every year.
He took over his father’s Dharma Productions in 2004 and brought it to new peaks. He owns a jewellery brand named Tyaani Jewellery. He recently opened a restaurant named Neuma located in South Mumbai. He also earns from brand endorsement charging Rs 2 crore.
He lives in a luxurious sea-facing apartment on the 12th floor of a high-rise named The Residency, which is worth Rs 30 crores. His fleet of expensive cars includes Jaguar XJ, Mercedes Maybach S500, Audi 8L, and BMW 520D.
|Jaguar XJ||1.16 Crores|
|Mercedes Maybach S500||2.13 Crores|
|Audi 8L||1.52 Crores|
|BMW 520D||75 Lakhs|
Karan Johar Bio
KJo was brought into this world by Hiroo Johar and Yash Johar on 25 May 1972. He has Punjabi-Sindhi Hindu ancestry.
|Name||Karan Dharma Kama Johar|
|Real name||Rahul Kumar Johar|
|Date of Birth||25 May 1972|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Favourite Film||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
|Favourite Actor||Hrithik Roshan, Shahrukh Khan, Rishi Kapoor|
|Favourite Actress||Kajol, Kareena Kapoor, Rani Mukherji, Meryl Streep|
|Favourite Destination||New York|
|Favourite TV Show||The Golden Girls|
|Favourite Song||Dafli Wale Dafli Baja|
|Favourite Food||Parsi cuisine|
|Favourite Drink||Dom Perignom (Pink Champagne), Saint Emilion (Wine)|
Karan Johar Age, Height, Weight
50 years old, Karan stands 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm). He bears dark brown eyes and black hair.
Karan Johar Education
He did his schooling at Greenlawns High School, in Mumbai. He did his graduation from the HR College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai.
Suggested reading – Why Is The Digital Marketing ROI Of Your Business Still Low?
Karan Johar Family
His father, Late Yash Johar was an Indian film producer and founder of Dharma Productions. His mother is Hiroo Johar. He is the only child of his parents. His cousins are Aditya Chopra, who is a filmmaker, screenwriter, and distributor, and Uday Chopra, who is an actor, producer, and screenwriter.
He recently became the father of twins via surrogacy. He named the baby boy Yash after his father’s name and named the baby girl Roohi, rearranging his mother’s name.
|Father||Yash Johar (producer)|
|Cousins||Uday and Aditya Chopra|
Karan Johar Relationships
Karan Johar is gay. He was rumoured to be in love and intimate relationships with many celebs, but he never confirmed any. His name was connected with Prabal Gurung, a new-york based designer. Prabal posted a picture of them writing “Jab Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya”, to which Karan replied, “Control yourself Bhaiya”. His name was also linked with Manish Malhotra, a famous fashion designer. They were spotted together partying many times. Then his name was also linked to his dearest friend Shahrukh Khan. On his show Koffee with Karan, Twinkle Khanna gave a hint of him being linked to Fawad Khan, a Pakistani actor. It was also rumoured once that he took some favour from Siddharth Malhotra for his debut movie Student of the Year.
Karan Johar Controversies
- A FIR was lodged in 2015 against him along with Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh for participating in a controversial Roast conducted by AIB.
- Among the trailers of Karan Johar’s film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Ajay Devgan’s film Shivaay, Kamal Rashid Khan gave a review in favour of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. Following it, Ajay accused Karan of paying KRK for positive reviews of his film.
- In September 2016 following the Uri attack, the political parties Maharashtra Navnirman Sena and Shiv Sena gave an ultimatum to Pakistani actors to leave India and asked filmmakers to cut their scenes from their films. All Pakistani actors including Karan Johar’s alleged partner Fawad Khan left India. Karan continued to support Pakistani artists on Twitter. Seeing this, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena threatened him of ramming if he continued to work with them.
- In September 2020, he was accused of hosting a drug party in 2019, following the suspected death of Legend Sushant Singh Rajput.
Some lesser-known facts about Karan Johar
- He debuted in the entertainment industry as an actor in 1989 with the TV serial Indradhanush.
- He debuted in Bollywood with the film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge(1995).
- He aimed to win an Oscar.
How did Karan Johar make babies?
Karan Johar welcomed his twin babies in Feb 2017 via surrogacy.
Does Karan Johar have a wife?
No, Karan Johar is unmarried.
What is Karan Johar’s net worth?
The super hit director Karan Johar has a total net worth of $ 200 million.