As mobile applications are increasingly available nowadays it is very much important on the behalf of organizations to pay proper attention to the vulnerabilities associated with mobile applications as well because they have also significantly increased. Hence, to ensure that there will be proper convenience in the whole process it is very much important for the organization to depend upon the right kind of list for example OWASP mobile top 10 risks list so that security flaws and vulnerabilities can be easily highlighted and developers are very much successful in terms of protecting the applications.
Following are some of the very basic points that are providing the best possible overview of the OWASP mobile top 10 risk list:
- The very first point deals with the improper utilization of the platform and it will also cover the miss usage of the operating feature systems along with security controls being properly undertaken. The risk associated with the whole concept can include the data leakage with the help of android intent as well as android intent sniffing. Hence, to ensure that everything has been perfectly taken it is very much important to indulge in the right kind of practices for example keychain best practices, android intent best practices and sniffing best practices.
- The very second one deals with the insecure storage of the data so that there is no issue in the long run in terms of physical access to the device is another kind of files. The very basic this can include the compromise file system along with the exploitation of the unsecured data. The best practices include the implementation of the android debug bridge so that there is no issue in the long run and everything has been perfectly implemented.
- The third point includes insecure communication which will further include the risk for example stealing of information, a man the middle attacks and the admin and counts compromise. Hence, the best practices include the assuming network layer is very much secure, implementation of the right kind of things so that trusted certificates are easily established, not sending sensitive data to alternate channels and several other kinds of related things.
- The next point includes the insecure authentication which will further include the rest for example input form factor and the insecure credentials of the users. The best practices include the right kind of implementation of security protocols along with the implementation of the online authentication methods so that there is no issue and persistent authentication requests are very easily and efficiently fulfilled. Further, it is very much important to ensure that choice of alphanumeric characters for the passwords has been undertaken by the users to ensure that two-factor authentication methods are perfectly implemented without any kind of hassle.
- The next point includes insufficient cryptography which has to be dealt with perfectly by the people with the help of proper encryption-based systems. There is can include the stealing of application and user data along with the accessibility of the encrypted files. The best practices include the implementation of modern encryption algorithms so that there were no vulnerabilities in the whole system and further it is very much important to publish the cryptography extended from time to time so that there is a proper recommendation of the encryption algorithms.
- The next point deals with insecure authorization of things and this is directly linked with the user credentials. Hence, the developers need to keep in mind that this particular concept will include the adversary taking advantage of the vulnerabilities in the authorization procedures. The risk will further include unregulated access to the admin endpoints and the IDOR access. The best of the practices further include the continuous testing of the user privileges with the help of low privilege session tokens, implementation of the developers in mind so that the right kind of authorization scheme is implemented along proper answering of the vulnerabilities. It should also be based on the running of the authorization checks for the rules and permissions so that there is no issue in the long run and authenticity can be very easily and efficiently ensured in the whole process.
- The next point deals with poor quality of code and it will also include the risk for example safe web code and the lacuna in the third-party libraries. It is also directly linked with client input in security and best practices for example mobile-specific code, static analysis, Code logic, library version and the content provider has to be paid proper attention so that there is no issue in the long run.
- Another very important thing is code tempering which is a very important component of the whole OWASP top 10 lists. The risk will always include the malware infusion, theft of data and several other kinds of related things associated with the stealing of information. The best practices include runtime detection, data erasure and checksum changes in the whole procedure.
- The next point deals with the concept of reverse engineering so that dynamic inspection at renting, stealing of code and having unauthorized access to the premium features have been dealt with perfectly without any kind of hassle. This particular concept will also include implementation of the right kind of practices for example utilization of similar tools, utilization of the C languages, utilization of the code obfuscation so that targeting of a specific segment of the source code can be undertaken and there is no issue in the long run because application and employment of the things will be perfectly carried out.
- The next and the last point of this particular list deals with extraneous functionality so that everything is very much ready in terms of implementation and it will also include different kinds of functionality rest for example user permission, application programming interface endpoint and disablement of the functionalities. The best practices include that every system will always ensure that system logs are never exposed to any kind of issues and there is no descriptiveness in the whole process.
Hence, the whole concept of OWASP mobile top 10 list is very much successful in terms of detecting the right kind of threats and further helps in making sure that there won’t be any kind of issue in the long run because everything will be perfectly implemented in the whole process.