While moving across the road, you have seen so many street signs. Some are designed for the pedestrians and then the others are particularly designed for the drivers. Learning the materials used for manufacturing these signs is important. As these signs are placed outdoors, the material must be durable and long lasting. It must be able to withstand weather conditions without degrading its look in any shape or form.
The basic points to address:
Most of the custom street signs are made using three of the major components. One if the blank page, then you can opt for the background sheeting and finally the sign copy.
- The blank is mainly made using aluminum, plywood or steel material. It serves the purpose of the framework, where the major sign will be placed.
- Plywood is the most cost-effective material used for manufacturing blank. It is not just strong but also susceptible to the changing weather damages because of the porous nature.
- The plywood blanks should be overlaid with that thinner plastic layer.
- Then you have the aluminum version of it, which is pretty light in weight. Moreover, you can reinforce it with metal braces along the back side. It is considered to be the expensive option among the lot.
- If you are going for an economic alternative to the aluminum blank, then why not give steel a try? It is not just sturdier but will not need any form of reinforcement. Even with a layer of zinc, you can keep rusting at bay.
- The background sheeting along with the symbols and letters for sign copy will be procured from retro reflective sheeting.
- Here, the sheeting will have tiny glass beads or the micro prisms. Those are mainly embedded right into the flexible form of plastic surface.
- This form of construction will give room for the light from headlights to get reflected right off the street signs and then back to the driver. So, even if you are driving at night, you can clearly make out what the signs say.
- The colored light gets reflected from the sign in case the sheets are dyed with pigments. The choice of colors varies depending on the kind of sign you are dealing with.
The highest placement of the signs:
Now when it comes to traffic signs, these have to be placed at a certain height to let people see them from a distance. It is mandatory to place the signs and mount them in accordance with that of the legal rules. It varies from one state to another, and you have to follow the ones mentioned in your residing areas.
How many signs do you need to buy at once?
If you want to save some bucks on the traffic signs, it is always advisable to go for the bulk order. It helps you to purchase the items at wholesale rates and you can save some bucks. But, if you want, you can purchase a single traffic sign from online stores, but in return, you have to pay more for the purchase made.